4.14.2010

Day 101 - Declan's Tulip

My son, Declan, has always been obsessed with flowers; in fact for his 3rd & 4th birthdays, he wanted "a purple flower party"  and "a rainbow flower party" respectively.  He loves, loves, loves to pick flowers.  Now my husband loves to grow flowers almost as much as my son loves to pick them; he does not love having his flowers picked.  So when my son found a tulip growing on the side of the road, it was like the holy grail...a garden flower growing wild, just waiting to be picked.  He did & now it is at home on our fish tank in a pretty glass vase looking out on the world.  I feel kind of sad for the tulip's bulb & I hope there is enough stem left to feed it its nutrients so it can come back next year -that is if a squirrel doesn't find it first.
Anyhow, the happiness it brought Declan is priceless & for that I thank this beautiful tulip.

7 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet story and a beautiful photo! Your son sounds adorable. It makes me so happy to see children in love with the little things in nature. I LOVE tulips. One year I went a bit crazy and planted about 60.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great photo. I love the delicate, gossamer petals and the pink and gold background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, the story is the perfect touch to a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful story and beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours, soft focus, and lovely bokeh - well done!

    Btw - as long as the tulip leaves were left, the bulb will be fine, in fact, without the flower it'll get even more nutrients to the bulb for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless his little heart. It's a beautiful color, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! And such a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete